You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-14 13:37:31

porterb14

[Solved] Wifi shows up but will not connect

Hey there I have a Macbook Pro with a wifi connection issue. This laptop has been working fine with arch linux for over a year now. Randomly today I turned the laptop on and it failed to connect to my router. I have my laptop configured so that it automatically connects to my home wifi network after boot. Today in the bottom right corner where the wifi signal button usually is, there is a rotating circle that eventually stops and shows "no network connection." I made sure to restart the router. All the devices in my house have reconnected without issue except for this laptop. I even tried to connect to a hotspot on my mobile android. This did not work. I have restarted the laptop half a dozen times and the issue persists. However, what works is that each time I try to connect on the laptop it does show the available networks and their signals correctly. Yesterday things were working fine and I even installed all updates like I usually do. What should I do from here to get the wifi connection working again?

Last edited by porterb14 (2023-03-14 14:03:51)

#2 2023-03-14 13:38:12

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [Solved] Wifi shows up but will not connect

Update your system, make sure you get the 6.2.6 kernel, it contains a fix for a breakage in broadcom-wl in 5.2.3 and later. If you don't get the 6.2.6 kernel in normal updates, make sure you use up to date and actively syncing mirrors. If you don't have internet any other way, temporarily downgrade linux and linux-headers to 6.2.2 assuming you're using broadcom-wl-dkms, otherwise just linux and broadcom-wl to 6.30.223.271-454 or earlier from your cache: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Downgrading_packages

Last edited by V1del (2023-03-14 13:42:21)

#3 2023-03-14 14:03:26

porterb14

Re: [Solved] Wifi shows up but will not connect

V1del wrote:

Update your system, make sure you get the 6.2.6 kernel, it contains a fix for a breakage in broadcom-wl in 5.2.3 and later. If you don't get the 6.2.6 kernel in normal updates, make sure you use up to date and actively syncing mirrors. If you don't have internet any other way, temporarily downgrade linux and linux-headers to 6.2.2 assuming you're using broadcom-wl-dkms, otherwise just linux and broadcom-wl to 6.30.223.271-454 or earlier from your cache: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Downgrading_packages

Thanks for the fast reply. Luckily I have a ethernet port on my laptop. I was on 6.2.5 and the new update fixed it. Thank you again for your help!

Board footer