You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-23 13:51:36

mechSkeletal5857

AMD gpu FPS cap cannot be removed

Hi, so I am trying to unlock frames for this emulator: https://github.com/Rosalie241/RMG
The issue is that my drivers for whatever reason do not allow me to do that. It is always locked at 60fps regardless of what is going on. I've heard many people talk about v-sync or compositing, but I don't think it works for me, unless I was doing something wrong. I changed the game window settings to block compositing, and it still capped it to 60fps.
I am currently running a 6900xt, 60hz monitor, KDE plasma, Mesa Radeon drivers, X11, and endeavorOS. 
The emulator is not the issue, as it runs very fine unlocked on a system that doesn't use the mesa radeon drivers. I have tried the mesa software drivers (cpu rendering), and that unlocked the frames just fine. So it is definitely a driver or other software issue.

If you need anymore info, I will be happy to provide. I've been stuck on this for a long time.

UPDATE: I just found out that you could add "vblank_mode=0 %command%" to steam, and that works. This post I guess is for anyone else with this same issue.

Last edited by mechSkeletal5857 (2023-03-23 13:59:08)

Board footer