You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-23 16:27:39

Pro9525

Computer has no display and no light on keyboard

Hello

I am new to Arch Linux. I installed Arc Linux on my computer HP dc7900 miniconvertable tower. After Installing Arch Linux by arch install script. I reboot the computer and a window opened with some icons on the bottom of the the window, I didn't know how to open a terminal in Arch Linux therefore I pressed Fn +F2 and as soon as I pressed this combination the computer just blanked out and there was just a black screen. I shut down the computer and then started it again, this time the computer had no display nor the keyboard had light nor the mouse was working. After 30 seconds the fan of my pc started to spin very fast .My pc has two lights after this only one light was on. After this I tried to take out the cmos battery ,change the Harddisk , and I also cleaned the the ram slots and the dims but the problem didn't solved. Next day I tried to turn it on with a different hard drive it turned on with some error in the bios and then it started to boot windows, I kept running the windows but after15mins the computer gave no display and the fans started to spin very fast and the keyboard was not working nor the mouse was working. Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks

Last edited by Pro9525 (2023-03-23 16:31:15)

#2 2023-03-23 19:27:24

seth

Re: Computer has no display and no light on keyboard

therefore I pressed Fn +F2

And what key is that actually on your keyboard? (The Fn keys are some hardware internal stuff, you were maybe looking for ctrl+alt+f2)

it started to boot windows, I kept running the windows but after15mins the computer gave no display and the fans started to spin very fast and the keyboard was not working nor the mouse was working

In general, 3rd link below. Mandatory.
Disable it (it's NOT the BIOS setting!) and reboot windows and linux twice for voodo reasons.

But in particular this very much sounds like there's some overarching hardware issue.

Board footer