You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-24 21:07:08

CaeriTech

[SOLVED] [!!!!!!] Failed to start up manager.

[Synopsys] I hacked my hook to create /tmp on the zram device and the boot completes.

I've been using the method described here to load root to RAM and run Arch from there.

It worked up to and including systemd 252.5-1 but from 253 onward I get the message below and the system freezes.

[!!!!!!] Failed to start up manager.
[  439.264894] systemd[1]: Freezing execution.

Found a post that wasn't Arch specific but it indicated setting the kernel boot paramater selinux=0 would help but that didn't work for me.

I downgraded to systemd and systemd-libs 252.5-1 and it worked as it did before.

Where do I start to figure out what changes in systemd 253 is causing the start to fail?

Last edited by CaeriTech (2023-04-30 16:57:50)

-=[ LIVE enabled UEFI with redundant syslinux pure systemd detached LUKS header partitionless encrypted GPT SSDx3 RAID0 wayland only because I can.  ]=-
    Backward compatibility is for the masses. There's no dual-boot here.

[CaeriTech remains only artificially intelligent.  Turing would be aghast at just how artificial.]

#2 2023-04-30 16:56:54

CaeriTech

Re: [SOLVED] [!!!!!!] Failed to start up manager.

It's a bug so I hacked my hook (Wow! What a phrase.) to create /tmp on the zram device and the boot completes.

However, I now briefly see several "Failed to start up MD monitor" messages but so far that doesn't seem to affect anything.

-=[ LIVE enabled UEFI with redundant syslinux pure systemd detached LUKS header partitionless encrypted GPT SSDx3 RAID0 wayland only because I can.  ]=-
    Backward compatibility is for the masses. There's no dual-boot here.

[CaeriTech remains only artificially intelligent.  Turing would be aghast at just how artificial.]

Board footer