You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-26 22:56:48

drusian

Disable reset and clear boot information on tty1. SDDM tty.

Goodnight,
I really like having all the boot information on the screen when I log in to the system.
At a certain point during boot, the arch resets the screen, then cleans the entire terminal.
I like to see the start-up process for services and I like them to stay there.

After looking for some documentation I managed to solve the problem of clearing the screen with the creation of the file:

/etc/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service.d/noclean.conf

Contents noclean.conf

[Service]
TTYVTDisallocate=no

The part of clearing the console solved it, but it still resets the screen, blinks then comes back and it disappears with some information that I wish was there.
Can anyone help?

I would also like SDDM to be attached to TTY6. Currently it stays on the tty1 and ends up trapping this console, I'm used to other distros, I'd like to make it a little more practical for me and play the sddm on the tty6, can anyone help?

#2 2023-03-27 07:55:44

seth

Re: Disable reset and clear boot information on tty1. SDDM tty.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/SDDM#S … ad_of_tty7

As for

it still resets the screen, blinks then comes back and it disappears with some information that I wish was there

I *guess* you're lookign for https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Kernel … _KMS_start - otherwise you need to be a bit more elaborative.

#3 2023-03-27 23:32:45

drusian

Thank you very much,
Sorry maybe I wasn't very clear, I'm Brazilian and English isn't very good.
The blink I'm referring to is like an xrandr -s but still in the boot process. Give that blink on the screen, then come back.
I'll take a look at the article you sent me.
Thanks a lot, hugs

#4 2023-03-30 12:18:48

drusian

It worked, thank you, many years using it that way.
Yet another behavior that I find strange is TTY1 getting "stuck" with information from started services, but not giving access to login. Do you know the way for me to have free TTY1 to use in post boot?

]I've been really enjoying Arch, it's really really fast, in general terms it's easy to work with, I really just can't understand the choice of system.d for initialization. Yes it works, well, yes it's fast, but it's too confusing to understand the whole boot sequence, for me it deviates a little from the proposed KISS. If it had a more simplified init system like dos BSD / Slackware or even openrc, it would be awesome.
Maybe I'll venture into an attempt to migrate to openrc one of these days.
I've just been suffering a little with minor tweaks, I'm so used to editing boot scripts, commenting out lines, adding functions, here I've been a little stuck. I will definitely never like system.d. I still prefer the old way. But arch is sensational, using it for a few days already on my main computer, it's very fast to get everything working.

#5 2023-03-30 12:41:24

seth

systemctl status getty@tty1.service

For context, https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Getty# … ay_on_tty1
SDDM might disable the service?

Board footer