You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-04 16:52:34

Back2Cali

cinelerra for 64bit

Hi!

I tried to do some video editing under Arch64 and wanted to use the cinelerra suite for this. So after checking out on the cinelerra-cvs and cinelerra-svn PKGBUILDS in AUR I couldn't compile both of them. The regular cinelerra-cvs package doesn't exist for download (even the sources aren't downloadable) so I decided to use the cinelerra-svn. I modified it a little bit to use the new svn repository as described on the homepage. It downloaded everything and started to compile. But after quiet some time of compiling it stopped with some error.
Does anybody know how to compile it and use it under 64bit. On the homepage it says that it is 64bit compatible. But even the latest svn version won't compile. So does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

#2 2007-01-08 09:14:57

Kern

Re: cinelerra for 64bit

Hi Back2Cali
Just starting out on Arch-64 and not tried it in here yet, but, just to offer commiserations, i've been in the same boat.

tried cinelerra on 32 bit. no joy, either fork, community nor original.
downloaded mediainlinux, iirc couldnt even find the package. neither dyne:bolic.
has something has happened  to cinelerra and no one is telling ? hmm
if you have any margin of success pls feedback. im going to give it one final shot once 64 is set up and running.
thx

#3 2007-01-08 10:11:49

AndyRTR
Developer

Back2Cali wrote:

Does anybody know how to compile it and use it under 64bit. On the homepage it says that it is 64bit compatible. But even the latest svn version won't compile. So does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong?

How about showing us the error or a full build.log?

#4 2007-01-09 11:27:05

Back2Cali

OK, here's some information about what I've done so far to get cinelerra-svn from the AUR working:

I used yaourt to download the PKGBUILD and receive the latest version from svn. I had to edit the PKGBUILD in order to get the files from svn since the entry from the PKGBUILD was wrong.
The correct entry from the svn section is:

_svntrunk=svn://svn.skolelinux.org/cinelerra/trunk
_svnmod=hvirtual

After that all data is downloaded, the build process starts like it should. But than is stops, dropping the following errors:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libmpeg3 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAVE_FIREWIRE -I/usr/include/mjpegtools -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mpeg2enc -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mplex -DENCORE_INCLUDE="encore50/encore.h" -I./ffmpeg/libavcodec -march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -msse3 -mmmx -m3dnow -MT mpeg4.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpeg4.Tpo -c mpeg4.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mpeg4.o
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -DHAVE_FIREWIRE      -I/usr/include/mjpegtools -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mpeg2enc -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mplex    -DENCORE_INCLUDE="encore50/encore.h" -I./ffmpeg/libavcodec -march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -msse3 -mmmx -m3dnow   -o libquicktimehv.la -rpath /usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -version-info 1:0:0 -release 1.6.0 -Wl,--no-undefined  atom.lo avcc.lo avi_hdrl.lo avi_idx1.lo avi_movi.lo avi_strl.lo avi_odml.lo avi_ix.lo avi_indx.lo avi_riff.lo cmodel_default.lo cmodel_float.lo cmodel_yuv420p.lo cmodel_yuv422.lo codecs.lo colormodels.lo ctab.lo dinf.lo dref.lo edts.lo elst.lo esds.lo graphics.lo hdlr.lo ima4.lo interlacemodes.lo jpeg.lo libdv.lo libmjpeg.lo matrix.lo mdat.lo mdhd.lo mdia.lo minf.lo moov.lo mp4a.lo mvhd.lo plugin.lo qtcache.lo qtdv.lo qtffmpeg.lo qth264.lo qtpng.lo qtmp3.lo quicktime.lo raw.lo rawaudio.lo rle.lo smhd.lo stbl.lo stco.lo stsc.lo stsd.lo stsdtable.lo stss.lo stsz.lo stts.lo tkhd.lo trak.lo twos.lo udta.lo ulaw.lo util.lo v308.lo v408.lo v410.lo vmhd.lo vbraudio.lo vorbis.lo workarounds.lo yuv2.lo yuv4.lo yv12.lo wmx2.lo wma.lo mpeg4.lo ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.la -logg   -lvorbis -lm -logg   -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -lm -logg   -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -lm -logg   -ltheora -logg   -lmp3lame -lfaad -lfaac encore50/libencore.la ../libmpeg3/libmpeg3hv.la -lx264 -ldv -lm   -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lpthread -lm -lX11 -lm -ldl -lpthread
gcc -shared  .libs/atom.o .libs/avcc.o .libs/avi_hdrl.o .libs/avi_idx1.o .libs/avi_movi.o .libs/avi_strl.o .libs/avi_odml.o .libs/avi_ix.o .libs/avi_indx.o .libs/avi_riff.o .libs/cmodel_default.o .libs/cmodel_float.o .libs/cmodel_yuv420p.o .libs/cmodel_yuv422.o .libs/codecs.o .libs/colormodels.o .libs/ctab.o .libs/dinf.o .libs/dref.o .libs/edts.o .libs/elst.o .libs/esds.o .libs/graphics.o .libs/hdlr.o .libs/ima4.o .libs/interlacemodes.o .libs/jpeg.o .libs/libdv.o .libs/libmjpeg.o .libs/matrix.o .libs/mdat.o .libs/mdhd.o .libs/mdia.o .libs/minf.o .libs/moov.o .libs/mp4a.o .libs/mvhd.o .libs/plugin.o .libs/qtcache.o .libs/qtdv.o .libs/qtffmpeg.o .libs/qth264.o .libs/qtpng.o .libs/qtmp3.o .libs/quicktime.o .libs/raw.o .libs/rawaudio.o .libs/rle.o .libs/smhd.o .libs/stbl.o .libs/stco.o .libs/stsc.o .libs/stsd.o .libs/stsdtable.o .libs/stss.o .libs/stsz.o .libs/stts.o .libs/tkhd.o .libs/trak.o .libs/twos.o .libs/udta.o .libs/ulaw.o .libs/util.o .libs/v308.o .libs/v408.o .libs/v410.o .libs/vmhd.o .libs/vbraudio.o .libs/vorbis.o .libs/workarounds.o .libs/yuv2.o .libs/yuv4.o .libs/yv12.o .libs/wmx2.o .libs/wma.o .libs/mpeg4.o -Wl,--whole-archive ffmpeg/libavcodec/.libs/libavcodec.a encore50/.libs/libencore.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-cinelerra-svn/cinelerra-svn/src/hvirtual/hvirtual/libmpeg3/.libs -L/usr/X11R6/lib -la52 -lvorbisenc -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -ltheora -logg -lmp3lame -lfaad -lfaac ../libmpeg3/.libs/libmpeg3hv.so -lx264 -ldv -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lX11 -lm -ldl -lpthread  -march=athlon64 -msse3 -mmmx -m3dnow -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-soname -Wl,libquicktimehv-1.6.0.so.1 -o .libs/libquicktimehv-1.6.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/libx264.a(common.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/../lib/libx264.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libquicktimehv.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-cinelerra-svn/cinelerra-svn/src/hvirtual/hvirtual/quicktime'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-cinelerra-svn/cinelerra-svn/src/hvirtual/hvirtual/quicktime'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-cinelerra-svn/cinelerra-svn/src/hvirtual/hvirtual'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
==> ERROR: Reverting pkgver...
Error: Unable to build last cvs/svn/mercurial/git cinelerra-svn package.
See /var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/cinelerra-svn directory for details

So from here I cant' go on, because I don't know enough about the building and compiling processes in order to fix it. Maybe somebody else can help...

Thanks!

#5 2007-01-09 11:45:30

AndyRTR
Developer

the pkg "x264" contains the /usr/lib/libx264.a file - rebuild it using the standard fPIC fix at the beginning of the build section.

export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fPIC"
export CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS

If that helps file a bugreport for x264.

#6 2007-01-09 17:12:41

Back2Cali

I recompiled the package as they told me to do, but the error stayed the same....
So the suggestion of using the -fPIC Flag doesn't work here...

#7 2007-01-10 02:23:36

skottish
Forum Fellow

You'll get a little farther using the x264-svn package from this thread:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … light=x264

It still doesn't build, but it's closer.

#8 2007-11-02 22:13:55

Aldarion

I got the 2.1 version from Sourceforge and hacked away... I thought a release would be less likely to be buggy but beware! This is supposed to be mature software...

First I had to create the x86_64 directory in the cinerella directory - ok I can live with that.

Then I had to fix the gcc flags because it would not recognize my pentium D (or anything that does not compile above -march=pentium4)
file: mjpegtools-1.6.3-rc1/cpuinfo.sh line 167+

15) 
               if test "$pmodel" -ge 6; then
                   proc=nocona
               else
                   proc=pentium4
               fi
               ;;

if that wasn't enough, the Makefile in the quicktime directory was somewhat broken and was biatching, so here's what solved the problem:
file: quicktime/Makefile line 248+

$(shell mkdir -p $(DIRS))
#$(shell if ! test -d $(OBJDIR) \; then mkdir -p $(DIRS) \; fi )

And then this (output of make).

[In file included from faad2.cpp:21:
faad2.h:28:26: error: codec_plugin.h: No such file or directory
faad2.cpp:22:32: error: mpeg4_audio_config.h: No such file or directory
faad2.cpp:23:23: error: mpeg4_sdp.h: No such file or directory
In file included from faad2.cpp:21:
faad2.h:36: error: 'codec_data_t' does not name a type
faad2.h:37: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'audio_vft_t' with no type
faad2.h:37: error: expected ';' before '*' token
faad2.h:55: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'FILE' with no type
faad2.h:55: error: expected ';' before '*' token
faad2.h:70: error: variable or field 'aac_close' declared void
faad2.h:70: error: 'codec_data_t' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:70: error: 'ptr' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:73: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
faad2.h:82: error: 'codec_data_t' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:82: error: 'ifptr' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:83: error: expected primary-expression before '*' token
faad2.h:83: error: 'buffer' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:84: error: expected primary-expression before '*' token
faad2.h:84: error: 'ts' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:84: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
faad2.h:85: error: 'codec_data_t' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:85: error: 'ifptr' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:87: error: variable or field 'aac_file_used_for_frame' declared void
faad2.h:87: error: 'codec_data_t' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:87: error: 'ifptr' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:88: error: expected primary-expression before 'bytes'
faad2.h:90: error: 'codec_data_t' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:90: error: 'ifptr' was not declared in this scope
faad2.h:91: error: expected primary-expression before 'ts'
faad2.h:91: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
faad2.cpp:38: error: expected initializer before '*' token
make[6]: *** [faad2.lo] Error 1
make[6]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/cinelerra-2.1/quicktime/faad2-2.0/plugins/mpeg4ip'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/cinelerra-2.1/quicktime/faad2-2.0/plugins'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/cinelerra-2.1/quicktime/faad2-2.0'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/cinelerra-2.1/quicktime/faad2-2.0'
make[2]: *** [x86_64/faad] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/cinelerra-2.1/quicktime'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/cinelerra-2.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

So missing files were just too much... is SVN working better on compilation? Somehow I can't find a good application for video recoding from MJPEG to AVI/DIVX something (that plays on Windoze). Some of the tools available are just unusable, cannot be installed, or don't support codecs from ffmpeg (WTF).

Let me know if there is a nice and simple way out of this.
Maybe you'll get further than me ;-)
HTH

edit: avidemux!

Last edited by Aldarion (2007-11-02 22:45:58)

Switched from Gentoo - Arch rocks!

#9 2007-11-04 04:31:17

ganja_guru

The package in community works and builds fine for me. 'cinelerra-cv' pulls files from svn

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=9803&O=0&L=0&C=0&K=cinelerra&SB=n&SO=a&PP=25&do_MyPackages=0&do_Orphans=0&SeB=nd

I uploaded the latest svn build here, in case you're interested.

http://www.archlinux.org/~varun/cinelerra-cv-1038-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

Just FYI, testing was enabled in pacman.conf while building this package.

Last edited by ganja_guru (2007-11-04 04:32:55)

Board footer