You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-06 14:53:45

mucknert

Interesting Alternative to OpenOffice

Hey fellow Archers! smile

I don't know if anyone here except me remembers Applixware Office. Back in "the days" it was a Office-Suite just for Unix-Systems with pretty cool features like real-time data-aquisition from the internet and stuff like that. Being a user of the old 5.x, I was very surprised that VistaSource (what a name...) did not ditch the support for it but are instead pumping out new versions. Seems they got a heart for Linux-Users as they released a Home User Edition to the public (that sadly lacks a few of the features the enterprise-version has, like afformentioned real-time stuff). Anyway, I asked wizzo (out great and ambituous new TU) to make a Package for Arch out of it and with some help from my humble self, we finally have one. You can find it in the AUR under the name of applixware-home. Please test it, report problems, praise or criticism.

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … =1&ID=7996

Todays mistakes are tomorrows catastrophes.

#2 2007-08-23 12:34:57

Stefan Husmann

Re: Interesting Alternative to OpenOffice

Hello,

the package got installed and I can run the applix command, but thats it. If I click on any of the icons I get, there arises a problem in connecting to a license-server. Is this problem wellknown?

Board footer