You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-23 11:16:10

AlexG999

grub not recognising arch install

I have been dualbooting windows and fedora for a few months and wanted to move over to arch in place of fedora.
I followed the install instructions on the wiki, in doing so I overwrote the fedora partitions using fdisk and in its place is now my arch "/ and /home" directories, also following a guide on how to use the original windows efi partition.
But when I boot into grub it doesn't show arch but instead shows the old fedora as is was a few days ago.

ls /boot/eti/EFI
Boot HP Microsoft fedora grub_uefi

Os-prober is active
    grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=grub_uefi --recheck

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

I've ran grub-install a few times without really doing anything to try and catch the os out, but as expected nothing has changed and still no arch in my grub boot screen.

How do I remove the old fedora and get grub to recognize the arch install
Any other information that might be necessary, ask and I shall provide

#2 2023-05-23 14:04:18

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: grub not recognising arch install

AlexG999 wrote:

How do I remove the old fedora

Use efibootmgr(8) to check the NVRAM boot entries. Sounds like Fedora's entry is still at the top of the list.

If your UEFI implementation refuses to accept new boot entries you can delete the Fedora & Windows entries and pass the --removable option to grub-install to allow the system to boot from the removable loader location.

EDIT: welcome to the boards!

Last edited by Head_on_a_Stick (2023-05-23 14:05:14)

Board footer