You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-08 06:42:29

mrjwalsh

mkinitcpio fails to download, stuffs up update

Hi all,
I'm sure the answer to this is somewhere out there but I can't seem to find it when I search the forums.

I have a fresh base copy of Arch linux installed and when I try to update with the -Syu command it fails at downloading the mkinitcpio package and the whole update stops.

I have tried multiple servers so thats not the problem and the connection is working; am I meant to say no to all the initial questions? (replace cpio with mkinitcpio etc.) and then once my base and kernel are up to date say yes and download them?

Thanks

#2 2007-01-08 07:09:23

mrjwalsh

Re: mkinitcpio fails to download, stuffs up update

ok, so it's not that package causing the problem, when I do a -Syu it retrieves the sync information and downloads the first package, whatever that may be then on the second it fails and says failed downloading server name.package name from server name (null)   I am behind a proxy server but I set that up in pacman.conf.

#3 2007-01-08 09:19:50

tomk
Forum Fellow

Uncomment the XferCommand option in /etc/pacman.conf - wget can give better results than pacman's built-in downloader, in some circumstances.

#4 2007-01-09 01:50:54

mrjwalsh

hi tomk, thanks for the reply, tried that last night and that seemed to fix the problem, I guess pacman by itself has an issue with my proxy.

Board footer