You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-11 15:10:04

iestynapmwg

Recent Mesa update seems to have broken Steam/Proton games

I've been playing Steam games using Proton (experimental) without too much difficutly for a while. This weekened, though, i found they no longer work. 'ps' shows the game running under Proton as expected, but no window is drawn on my screen, there's no sound from the game's splash/intro screens.

None of the games i've tried have been updated, but i see there have been updates to mesa and accompanying libraries a few days ago (June 8th). These games all use "PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 %command%" in Steam's launch command option, as the Vulkan support for my ancient graphics card is minimal (Intel HD 4000), so i want to make sure Proton is uing OpenGL instead.

The games don't crash, there's no error displayed, there's just nothing drawn on the screen. This setup worked as recently as a few weeks ago, and as far as i can tell the only change is the mesa libraries. Has anyone else run into this? Is there a fix?

Thanks!

#2 2023-06-12 16:18:35

truerenton

Re: Recent Mesa update seems to have broken Steam/Proton games

I also noticed that after today's Manjaro update and restart - all WebGL are broken in browser (at least maps.google.com).

UPD:
Downgrading mesa to mesa-23.0.3-1 solved the issue for me:
pamac install downgrade && downgrade mesa

Last edited by truerenton (2023-06-12 16:37:25)

Board footer