You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-20 04:34:56

Turtyo

[SOLVED] Pandoc no PDF print from markdown after texlive-core update

Since texlive-core got changed to texlive-basic, I can't output PDF files using pandoc. I get the error:

Error producing PDF.
! LaTeX Error: File `article.cls' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: cls)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.7 \usepackage

I managed to roll back to texlive-core using Arch archive, but by mistake when running an update with yay -Syu I reinstalled texlive-basic replacing texlive-core. Since then, I was not able to roll back to texlive-core, I get post transaction hook errors (I saw a post yesterday with the same error, more on that just after).

loading packages...
warning: texlive-core-2023.66594-7 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) texlive-core-2023.66594-7

Total Installed Size:  515.43 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                           [---------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                         [---------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                              [---------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                        [---------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                      [---------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling texlive-core                                                          [---------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/5) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/5) Updating fontconfig cache...
(3/5) Updating TeXLive filename database...
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/mktexlsr: line 3: /usr/bin/mktexlsr: No such file or directory
(4/5) Updating TeXLive format files...
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/texlive-fmtutil: line 18: /usr/bin/fmtutil-sys: No such file or directory
error: command failed to execute correctly
(5/5) Updating TeXLive font maps...
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/texlive-updmap: line 13: /usr/bin/mktexlsr: No such file or directory
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/texlive-updmap: line 14: /usr/bin/updmap-sys: No such file or directory
error: command failed to execute correctly

I saw the post "[SOLVED] texlive-bin update : problem in post transaction hook" by daysfled yesterday, and I tried the solutions proposed in it (without success), namely:
- installing texlive-plaingeneric
- installing texlive-fonts-recommended

If you have any suggestion, I would gladly take them !

Last edited by Turtyo (2023-06-22 02:19:36)

#2 2023-06-20 06:25:30

arojas
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Pandoc no PDF print from markdown after texlive-core update

Undo all the mess you've created by partially rolling back packages and fully update your system. Then read the front page news and start from there.

#3 2023-06-21 07:21:35

Turtyo

I uninstalled all related packages and installed them again. Which front page are you talking about ? I do not see something related to this on the front page of the forum at least, apart from the post I mentioned in my initial message.
I still get the same error from pandoc by the way.

#4 2023-06-21 07:39:01

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Archlinux has only 1 frontpage , goto https://archlinux.org/  .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2023-06-22 02:16:08

Turtyo

I guess I should probably buy a new pair of glasses, thank you for the directions !

For those interested, I needed the following packages to be able to run pandoc:

texlive-basic texlive-latex texlive-latexrecommended texlive-pictures texlive-latexextra texlive-fontsrecommended

Board footer