You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-26 18:34:07

dreieck

Download from CVS repository: Need DLAGENTS: Use bash function()?

Ahoj,

I want to create a `PKGBUILD` for a software that is hosted on a CVS repository.

I am aware that I need to make a custom `DLAGENTS` entry for cvs, if I want to use the `source` array.

I want to do all needed extra-customisation within the `PKGBUILD`. Putting a `DLAGENTS=('cvs::<some script here>')` into the `PKGBUILD` actually works.

Since `cvs checkout` does _not_ want `://` in the specification of the source, but `makepkg` requires this in order to tread a source to be fetched from remote, I need some wrapper that parses `cvs://<hostname>/<path>` and transforms it to something that `cvs` is happy with.

For this I want to define a function in the `PKGBUILD` and use this in the `DLAGENTS` entry.

But (how) is it possible to use a locally defined bash function in `DLAGENTS`? Or do I need to create an executable within the filesystem in order to achieve this?

Or what other solutions are there to download source from CVS repositories, using the `source` array?

Regards!

#2 2023-07-27 09:49:30

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Download from CVS repository: Need DLAGENTS: Use bash function()?

No idea if that is possible, but there's a simpler method.

Before source array supported VCS , the co,mmands to download vcs repos were put in prepare() .
This keeps the entire handling in the PKGBUILD and is visible / verifiable for any user.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building to complicated ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

#3 2023-07-27 11:38:07

dreieck

Re: Download from CVS repository: Need DLAGENTS: Use bash function()?

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Before source array supported VCS , the co,mmands to download vcs repos were put in prepare() .
This keeps the entire handling in the PKGBUILD and is visible / verifiable for any user.

I know that I can leverate `prepare()`. But I think it is a hack and the "clean" way would be to use `source`.

And yes, I want to keep handling in the `PKGBUILD`, that's why I want to add a `DLAGENTS` entry within the `PKGBUILD` and use a bash function as a wrapper, as long as `makepkg` insists in a `://`.

Last edited by dreieck (2023-07-27 11:38:54)

Board footer