You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-23 07:21:57

saar_archuser

Issues upgrade xorg-xwayland

Hey,

I experienced some weird artifacts using vncviewer (tigervnc) this morgning having jittering boxes all over the place.
After resetting all possible settings etc and going through the list of recently upgraded packages, I nailed it down to the latest update of xorg-xwayland (23.1.2-1 to 23.2.0-1).
Also the issues go away, if I select "Gnome under Xorg" as session instead of the default Gnome (on Wayland) session.
Downgrading the package also helped, but that seems to not be a good permanent solution. Also permanently using Xorg to solve the issue is also not great.

Is aynbody else expriencing similar issues too? Maybe using a X application other than vncviewer?

Any help is appreciated. I am also not sure where I should file a bug report (is it Arch related, or upstream? is it really xorg-xwayland related or did the update just trigger an issue in tigervnc?).

Best regards

#2 2023-08-29 06:58:27

MichaelTrip

Re: Issues upgrade xorg-xwayland

I just experienced the same problem. Downgrading xorg-xwayland seems to solve the problem for now. I have had issues with both the vncviewer (in this case tigervnc) and with the Thinlinc client when connecting to my remote desktop.

#3 2023-08-31 06:47:32

MichaelTrip

Re: Issues upgrade xorg-xwayland

I have reported the issue to upstream: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse … ssues/1575

Board footer