You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-24 13:52:23

SAL1

Device is not a valid LUKS device.

After having upgraded Arch Linux installation from linux-kernel version 6.4.10 to  6.4.11, I am unable to boot into the LUKS partition. After entering the password, an error "IO error while decrypting the keyslot. Keyslot open failed". Device /dev/nvme0n1p2 is not a valid LUKS device.

Booting into a live USB, mounting the file system and chroot to downgrade the linux-kernel version to 6.4.10 and even upgrading to the newest 6.4.12 it does not work. After each upgrade / downgrade I have run

genfstab -U /mnt > /mnt/etc/fstab
mkinitcpio -P

Following the instructions to disable Realtek device as denoted in https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=288095 does not work either.

I am not sure, what goes wrong or what else to try. Can someone enlighten me? Thank you.

#2 2023-08-24 14:15:11

seth

Re: Device is not a valid LUKS device.

After each upgrade / downgrade I have run

Why?

If 6.4.10 worked but downgrading to it doesn't - did you maybe forget to mount the boot partition and end up booting 6.4.11 regardless of the installed kernel?
(Check "uname -a" in the emergency shell)

In that case, adding files to modprobe.conf.d might have failed likewise, esp. if you've the realtek driver in the initfamfs.

Add

module_blacklist=rtsx_pci_sdmmc,rtsx_pci

to the kernel parameters to make sure it's blocked.

Board footer