You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-25 00:26:06

sparkbash

I may have gotten my public IP blocked/filtered by Arch's CDN

I know I sound a bit ridiculous -- I'm sorry. Not sure what else to do but shot-in-the-dark this bulletin board.

I am not able to successfully connect to Archlinux.org sites other than the BBS and the Wiki, so I cannot update my system. I confirmed this on my phone, getting a connection refused in firefox on my home network and connecting perfectly fine on 5G or a VPN.

The only thing I can figure caused this was refreshing my AUR cache multiple times repeatedly a few weeks ago while troubleshooting something. I've been trying to get my modem to release my IP lease from my ISP but I can't seem to shake it.

Is there an inbox, maybe, that I can contact asking for support on this? In the meantime I will continue to try to release my DHCP lease.

#2 2023-08-25 06:28:44

seth

Re: I may have gotten my public IP blocked/filtered by Arch's CDN

"sites" incl. the homepage?

ping -c1 archlinux.org
ping -c1 bbs.archlinux.org
curl -vL archlinux.org > /dev/null

archlinux.org is hosted by Hetzner, but that includes the bbs and the wiki (they're resolved to different IPs here, though)
If you assume you did something to piss them off, unrelated to arch, you'll have to contact them.

Otherwise chances are some broken AUR helper went rogue; afaiu that has a 24h cooldown.
Is bugs.archlinux.org affected?

#3 2023-08-25 13:26:09

sparkbash

Correct, I get a connection refused (and curl exit code 7) on the archlinux.org site (80 and 443), AUR, and packages, at least. Wiki, BBS, and Bugs (just tried) do work.
Definitely nothing unrelated to Arch -- this would fall into the category of rogue AUR helper (pamac). It's been almost 2 weeks so I'm probably not dealing with a cooldown period anymore.

The more I reflect on this the more outlandish it sounds that it wouldn't somehow be on my end, though I'm sort of at a loss. I'll check my firewall logs. Thank you for replying

#4 2023-08-25 13:37:23

seth

14 days is too long - are you sure you're not running any (other) scripts (conky?) to poll the AUR?

#5 2023-08-25 14:32:53

sparkbash

I am a buffoon and my father reeks of elderberries.
I use pfSense for routing/firewall and I have some blocklists for inbound and outbound domains. I temporarily disabled this outbound block and I can reach AUR/etc. perfectly fine now. I'm embarassed that I footgunned myself hard enough to go post on the forum.
I'll figure out what was blocking it and remove that entry/list. Thanks for your time and help!

Board footer