You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-29 04:46:33

asklow

[ANSWERED] main cause for "br-connection-profile-unavailable"

I've read the related thread & it seems that no one addressed the main issue.
pulseaudio-bluetooth pulls pulseaudio as a dependency, & uses pulseaudio as a backend, not the pipewire backend. That's not the fix.
On a fresh install, I had pipewire (server), wireplumber (to track devices & auto-connect) & pipewire-pulse (which intends to replace all pulseaudio services with pipewire) & I had no issues connecting bluetooth audio devices.
No fiddling with bluez or bluetooth configs. Didn't even had pipewire-alsa & pipewire-jack clients. Everything just works. Just letting everyone know. I couldn't reply this on the mentioned thread, as it was closed. Comment #48 mentioned the solution, but everyone ignored it. Comment #60 had pipewire-pulse installed but, he wasn't sure that was the solution.

Last edited by asklow (2023-08-29 08:23:36)

#2 2023-10-31 17:22:36

tuxtweaker

Re: [ANSWERED] main cause for "br-connection-profile-unavailable"

asklow wrote:

I've read the related thread & it seems that no one addressed the main issue.
pulseaudio-bluetooth pulls pulseaudio as a dependency, & uses pulseaudio as a backend, not the pipewire backend. That's not the fix.
On a fresh install, I had pipewire (server), wireplumber (to track devices & auto-connect) & pipewire-pulse (which intends to replace all pulseaudio services with pipewire) & I had no issues connecting bluetooth audio devices.
No fiddling with bluez or bluetooth configs. Didn't even had pipewire-alsa & pipewire-jack clients. Everything just works. Just letting everyone know. I couldn't reply this on the mentioned thread, as it was closed. Comment #48 mentioned the solution, but everyone ignored it. Comment #60 had pipewire-pulse installed but, he wasn't sure that was the solution.

Confirmed. It works. Thanks for the information smile

#3 2023-10-31 17:23:29

tuxtweaker

I suppose if we can include this answer in the Arch Wiki. It would be a big help.

#4 2023-10-31 17:47:17

asklow

tuxtweaker wrote:

I suppose if we can include this answer in the Arch Wiki. It would be a big help.

I wish they will. Bluetooth audio on pipewire is pitch perfect. Works even better than pulseaudio in some cases. Benchmarked the latency once, & pw was way faster than pa, not sure why. On top of that, pw has additional advanced features like handling multiple input and output sources, etc, which I'm not even aware of !

Board footer