You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-14 21:48:41

Alphalutra1

Installing islsm driver

So I have my wireless card working atm with ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant, but I would like to see if I could get it working with a prism54 driver, since that is the driver that is installed when I use it on window

The islsm driver is located at http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/index.html and that is also where I am following the instructions from.

So, I have dowloaded the islsm driver 2.5.8.0.arm from the website since my lusb -vvv matches the second generation output.  Now that I have the driver(I guess that's what it is), the instructions say to copy it to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/isl3887usb_bare, but that directory doesn't exist on my system and I highly doubt it will work since arch doesn't use hotplug.

Therefore, does anyone have any ideas on how to install the driver and get it working?

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

#2 2007-01-15 09:17:34

luca

Re: Installing islsm driver

Hi Alphalutra1,
try to copy the firmware in:

/lib/firmware

#3 2007-01-15 17:20:33

Alphalutra1

Re: Installing islsm driver

So I copied the firmware over, but now i am completely lost  :oops:

Since that is just the firmware, I guess I haven't installed the driver yet.  So I followed the code step, but when I downloaded the official workbench, then cd into the directory and run "make driver", This:

test ! -d src/madwifi-bsd/net80211 || 
    make -C src/madwifi-bsd/net80211
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211'
make -C /usr/src/linux-2.6.19-ARCH SUBDIRS=/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211 MODVERDIR=/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211/../symbols  modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.19-ARCH'
  CC [M]  /home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211/if_media.o
/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211/if_media.c:54:26: error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory
In file included from include/asm/system.h:4,
                 from include/asm/processor.h:18,
                 from include/asm/thread_info.h:16,
                 from include/linux/thread_info.h:21,
                 from include/linux/preempt.h:9,
                 from include/linux/spinlock.h:49,
                 from include/linux/capability.h:45,
                 from include/linux/sched.h:46,
                 from include/linux/module.h:9,
                 from /home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211/if_media.c:56:
include/linux/kernel.h:39:1: warning: "roundup" redefined
In file included from <command>:1:
/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211/../include/compat.h:46:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
make[3]: *** [/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211/if_media.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.19-ARCH'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/thomas/islsm-workbench-latest/src/madwifi-bsd/net80211'
make: *** [madwifi] Error 2

Spews out.  Any thoughts?

Board footer