You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-05 07:20:56

apaz

rtl-sdr and rng-tools

I apologize because I am addressing a topic about which I am not at all familiar.
For the past two days, while updating, I have been getting the message:

>>> RTL-SDR-compatible DVB stick cannot be used for both DVB and SDR at once (driver conflict). This package provides /usr/lib/modprobe.d/rtlsdr.conf to blacklist the DVB drivers.

The content of rtlsdr.conf is as follows:

# disable DVB drivers
blacklist rtl2830
blacklist rtl2832
blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

Before two days ago I did not have this warning. I don't have SDR or DVB hardware and I am not interested in having them. The only software dependence is with rng-tools, which I actually have installed.
I am wondering: is it possible to remove rtl-sdr as a dependency of rng-tools?

#2 2023-09-05 07:45:36

seth

Re: rtl-sdr and rng-tools

https://github.com/nhorman/rng-tools/bl … ure.ac#L53
It likely links /usr/lib/librtlsdr.so.0 so you'd have to file a bug against rng-tools to compile w/o that, just removing the library would get you a linker error.

But, assuming that's not gonna happen as SDR is a good source for entropy, what's the actual problem here?
You get an undesired 666.2kB dependency, but that's it.

If you had and wanted to use the dvb module, you'd have to revert/noextract the blacklisting, but that's apparently not the case either.
So it's just noise?

#3 2023-09-05 08:33:16

apaz

Re: rtl-sdr and rng-tools

You are right: it is just noise. I'm just curious that before the warning wasn't there and now it is. But I can live with it... Thank you.

Board footer