You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-10 00:42:11

PlasticSoup

[SOLVED]Program segfaults only when built with makepkg

I recently adopted and updated slurm. When the program is built using makepkg it will segfault after a few seconds of running. However, if I download the same archive and run the same commands from the pkgbuild, slurm appears to run normally. It doesn't crash at least. Building in a clean chroot didn't make a difference. I also tried using "meson setup" instead of "arch-meson". Same results both with and without makepkg. There is a closed issue on slurm's github about segfaults. The current version was made to fix that issue, so I do not know if it could be related. (Applying the Alpine Linux fix mentioned there on the newest version just creates a compile error.) The PKGBUILD is very simple and will make an installable package using paru or the official "git clone, makepkg, pacman" way. A new comment on the AUR page indicates that this isn't only an issue on my machine. Anyone have any ideas about what is happening here?

Last edited by PlasticSoup (2023-09-10 03:01:45)

#2 2023-09-10 01:07:43

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Program segfaults only when built with makepkg

Check out the CFLAGS/LDFLAGS/... in /etc/makepkg.conf.    My bet is one of those is the difference.

#3 2023-09-10 03:00:12

PlasticSoup

Re: [SOLVED]Program segfaults only when built with makepkg

Thanks Allen! The offending flag is -fexceptions.

Board footer