You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-17 10:50:09

sidevesh

Error: extent not found. When booting from btrfs using grub2

I recently attempted to migrate from ext4 to btrfs,
made the @ and @home subvolumes, copied over everything to those subvolumes,
chroot into the installation and run `mkinitcpio - P` and grub install and update grub,

tried to boot and I am getting Error: extent not found. Press any key to continue... when booting,
if I press any key then I see some acpi errors (that always show when booting normally also) and then system freezes,

I checked the btrfs fs for errors `sudo btrfs check /dev/nvme0n1p5` but no errors,
don't see any other threads anywhere mention this error,

here is my grub.cfg entry:
menuentry 'Arch Linux' --class arch --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-simple-1790bd87-8ede-4e60-bee0-acb105ec23f1' {
    recordfail
    load_video
    set gfxpayload=keep
    insmod gzio
    insmod part_gpt
    insmod btrfs
    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 1790bd87-8ede-4e60-bee0-acb105ec23f1
    linux    /@/boot/vmlinuz-linux-zen root=UUID=1790bd87-8ede-4e60-bee0-acb105ec23f1 rw rootflags=subvol=@ 
    initrd  /@/boot/amd-ucode.img /@/boot/initramfs-linux-zen.img}

Let me know if any other info is needed, don't see any issues with the grub config above that stands out

#2 2023-09-17 13:11:42

sidevesh

Re: Error: extent not found. When booting from btrfs using grub2

Looking into this further, looks like amd-ucode.img when removed from initrd, things boot normally without kernel panic, does amd-ucode.img not work with btrfs or requires special handling ?

Board footer