You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-04 06:27:35

RocketDev

asus::kbd_backlight not working

I have a Asus ROG Zephyrus 15 laptop and I can't set my keyboard backlight like Windows. I had the asusctl package installed following AsusLinux guidance, and added myself to group wheel, then the red keyboard light was off.

Here is what I have explored:

• lsusb shows that the keyboard device id is 19b6

• before adding myself to group wheel, the keyboard backlight is red(brightness test forgotten)

• adding myself to group wheel causes the backlight to off and resetting it with asusctl or rog-control-center don't work

• checking joural of asusd indicates that it is controling device "Tuf" instead of "19b6"

• I installed openrgb and found 3 devices, Asus Aura Core Laptop, Asus ROG Keris(that is my mouse) and Asus TUF Keyboard; the first one links to /dev/hidraw0 and  has the same description with itself displayed by lsusb(ITE Device(8910)); the third one links to /sys/devices/platform/asus-nb-wmi/leds/asus::kbd_backlight

• with myself in group wheel, I can only assign my keyboard(Core Laptop) a direct color and cause the app exiting the instant I set anything to TUF Keyboard

• with myself not in group wheel, I repeat my actions in the previous step, this time it don't exit, but just reset everything and can not switch to Aura Sync

• I also installed openrgb on Windows, then openrgb couldn't detect TUF Keyboard and everything worked fine

So I think if the "asus::kbd_backlight" is the source of problem? Is there a way to disable it?

Board footer