You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-19 02:26:29

timm

Mythtv system hangs

I was working on this system tonight when my problem occurred, so I updated this original post.

I'm running a mythtv setup on a Core2 Duo system I recently built.  I've also got Mythmusic installed.

I've been having a problem where the mythfrontend hangs.  Nothing will play, and I can't back out of the system to get back to my desktop (wm).

The system itself appears to stay up.

I tried to listen to some music tonight on the system, and the music would start and stop for no apparent reason.  I had listened to this stuff a couple weeks ago with no problem, but have updated a few things since then. 

Finally, the music stopped completely and the frontend is frozen.  "Top" shows nothing (I can get back to a command prompt with ctl-alt-F4, or using ssh).  The processor seems to barely be working to do what needs to be done here, and while nearly all my memory is in use, everything that shows up using "top" shows only about 7% in use.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

I have an Nvidia video card that is output to my LCD display and my TV, although I can only get one or the other to work under X at one time, for some reason.  Right now it is outputting to the TV.

#2 2007-01-19 10:51:00

clarence

Re: Mythtv system hangs

I have had similar problems in the past which I could only solve by dumping the mythconverg database then rebuild it from scratch.

'Twas a pain in the bum, but hey....

fck art, lets dance.

#3 2007-01-21 16:24:56

timm

Re: Mythtv system hangs

Ouch!

Ok, in an attempt to avoid that, but dealing with it as a database issue, I found some info on the mythtv site about optimizing and repairing the database, which I have tried.  I'll keep you posted on the results, if any.

Board footer