You are not logged in.

#26 2023-11-09 06:01:21

-thc

Re: [Solved] WireGuard breaks with NetworkManager, systemd-resolved

Dryden wrote:

Would you be so kind as to tell me what the 'Endpoint' field should look like in order to achieve a working configuration across networks/hotspots? Should it contain a name, for example, or an IPv4 address, instead of an IPv6 address?

Ideally your VPN provider should provide you with a DNS resolvable name for the endpoint.
This name should resolve to an IPv4 and an IPv6 address (A and AAAA record, see the the "drill" commands above).

You can mitigate your problem by using the IPv4 address of the endpoint (if available) instead - "IPv6 only" networks are exceedingly rare.

#27 2023-11-09 15:39:42

Dryden

Re: [Solved] WireGuard breaks with NetworkManager, systemd-resolved

-thc wrote:

Ideally your VPN provider should provide you with a DNS resolvable name for the endpoint.
This name should resolve to an IPv4 and an IPv6 address (A and AAAA record, see the the "drill" commands above).

You can mitigate your problem by using the IPv4 address of the endpoint (if available) instead - "IPv6 only" networks are exceedingly rare.

Creating a new WireGuard interface with NetworkManager using a VPN-provided config with the IPv4 address of the endpoint instead of IPv6 has enabled me to connect to the phone hotspot with DNS and SOCKS functioning as expected. I suspect that this will also work on other WiFi networks. I want to thank you yet again for your patience in diagnosing and resolving this problem. You and other patient and insightful people make the Arch community such a pleasure to be a part of.

Board footer