You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-08 09:32:04

Rizkiaswangga

Error conflicting KDE packages, what should i do?

So i recently just want to update the system with "sudo pacman -Syu" but some of the KDE (if i'm not mistaken) packages refused to be updated, telling me that they are conflicting

[rizkiaswangga@RizkiAALegion7i ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace kdsoap with extra/kdsoap-qt5? [Y/n] y
:: Replace kuserfeedback with extra/kuserfeedback5? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libqaccessibilityclient with extra/libqaccessibilityclient-qt5? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing kholidays5 (1:5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kholidays' required by kalarmcal
:: installing kio5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kio' required by kipi-plugins
:: installing kxmlgui5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kxmlgui' required by libkipi
:: installing kservice5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kservice' required by libkipi
:: installing kcoreaddons5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kcoreaddons' required by libmediawiki-git
[rizkiaswangga@RizkiAALegion7i ~]$ 

i have been trying several guide, including : https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=289694 . But still not working, is it because of the KDE Transition?

#2 2023-11-08 09:51:45

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Error conflicting KDE packages, what should i do?

The thread you linked to explains what to do. in this particular context you want to get rid of the kipi-plugins libkipi, kalarmcal, and libmediawiki-git packages those have been dropped upstream.

You should also check your pacnew files. The community repo doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited by V1del (2023-11-08 09:56:36)

Board footer