You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-09 10:55:18

Oddwierdo

.mp4 Videos not playing in games

I usually use Bottles (flatpak) to play some games. Coming from Manjaro that always worked as it should. However since i'm  using arch a lot of games that used to work fine now don't seem to play videos. I either get a blank screen when a video plays or the videos will just get skipped.
I digged through all kind of Forums and the only recommendation i found so far is installing gstreamer plugins.. Though i already installed everything that gets mentioned and litterally each gst-plugin i could find and yet it still doesn't want to work. I also followed the Arch-Wiki on AMDGPU (installing VA-API and VDPAU as well). At this point i just don't know what else i can do. Can anyone give me a hint on this what i might miss?

Last edited by Oddwierdo (2023-11-09 10:56:24)

#2 2023-11-09 13:36:23

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: .mp4 Videos not playing in games

For most windows game stuff that needs 32bit compat libs you will need the corresponding gst plugins built for 32bit where most of those are in the AUR e.g.: https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/lib32-gst-bad-ugly ... However if you're using the flatpak, that should not be relevant since that is the entire point and reason of a flatpak, unless the flatpak is misconfigured and doesn't ship the 32bit gst plugins .

Board footer