You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-24 19:34:06

jojo06

[SOLVED]Resolution problem in Sway/HDMI

I hope I'm writing in the right place.

I'm using Sway with nouveau. 1920x1080 was working yesterday, but it's not working now. Avaible mods doesn't show it either.

xrandr shows it as connected on the output, but it says Unknown-1 instead of HDMI. I have the following problems/questions:

Should I uninstall xorg since xorg-wayland is installed?
What are the essentials for display ? I might have missing packages (i didnt find out in wiki)
I realize in /etc/ i have lightdm and sddm still exist which i uninstalled some day ago. I doubt there is conflicting stuff.
When i search in internet, i saw everybody talking about gdm/gnome/plasma I don't have any of these. Is it essential ?
I dont have a xorg.conf nor nvidia-conf, i created 20-nouveau.conf, is it okay ? And how many conf for display do i need ? *Because i also saw in the forum people are definening/introducing even the usb's and all devices. I didnt do it yet.

I didn't want to write too long and tire people out. I also didn't know which printout to share. Please can you suggest that I share the necessary printout so that I can get help? Thank you.

Last edited by jojo06 (2023-11-24 22:10:34)

#2 2023-11-24 22:10:24

jojo06

Re: [SOLVED]Resolution problem in Sway/HDMI

I was going to edit it and say that nvidia-utils was installed while I was updating, but I didn't want to drag it out. Because I have nouveau installed and I'm using it.

SOLUTION: I looked and saw that nvidia-utils.conf file was created and of course it has blacklist nouveau in it. I commented and rebooted.

Board footer