You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-01 09:19:53

filattiera

Arch 0.5 - ESB keyboard problem - does not work

Dear all,

good morning.
Yeasterday I have tried to install the arch 0.5 on my desktop (Pentium III with USB keyboard) without success.

After the first screen, I have launched the installation with ENTER.
But when the installation required the first command (Y or N) the keyboard doesn't work.
I have tried with AL live CD, but the message about keyboard is the same: keyboard is not present.

I think that it occurs caused by USB keyboard.

Please, give me an help.

Thanks.
Luca

#2 2004-03-01 23:20:36

Tannjew
Website

Re: Arch 0.5 - ESB keyboard problem - does not work

Hi Luca, I'm sure it's due to your USB keyboard. I also have an USB keyboard and managed it with using an additional PS/2 keyboard.
If you don't have an additional PS/2 keyboard you should try to install the new version of Arch Linux instead of Vers. 0.5, in the changelog s.th. about USB is mentioned.

PURE-Digital-World - My Homepage

German Arch Linux HowTo - Installation and first steps
(Deutschsprachiges Howto für Anfänger)

#3 2004-03-02 08:29:03

filattiera

Tannjew wrote:

Hi Luca, I'm sure it's due to your USB keyboard. I also have an USB keyboard and managed it with using an additional PS/2 keyboard.
If you don't have an additional PS/2 keyboard you should try to install the new version of Arch Linux instead of Vers. 0.5, in the changelog s.th. about USB is mentioned.

Thanks.
I don't have an additional PS/2.  But yesterday I downloaded the 0.6 issue and I have installed it.
All work very well, but when I reboot and I try "startX", the system stop it with the following EE error: "screens not present.." or similar.

Can you help me?

#4 2004-03-02 15:42:11

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

This is a different problem and should have a different thread.  Your first problem was solved.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer