You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-29 17:04:00

gameslayer

Suggestion to remove vote package removal option to stop trolling

Hi there guys I want to make a serious suggestion to have the option to request package removed on owned packages to stop toxic and troll behavior, my suggestion is that the option should only exist for the owner of the package or on a orphan packages with no owner to stop people from trolling and mass requesting a package to be being removed as this can be easily abused. I have currently ran into this issue a couple of times where rogue Arch users have come into my package comment section and have tried to submit a request to remove my package, this is happening to me right now on libelectron when the package is fine and after trying to help figure out what is wrong on their end  one user started mass submitting requests for a bunch of my packages..

But this isn't a post to complain about a issue I had on one my packages, it is a request to improve and even fix the AUR and remove ways that people can abuse and ruin the AUR community and the package maintenance.

Last edited by gameslayer (2023-12-29 17:57:05)

#2 2023-12-29 19:35:26

yochananmarqos

Re: Suggestion to remove vote package removal option to stop trolling

The user who submitted the deletion requests for your packages has already had several complaints about his behavior. It would be best to send an email to the aur-general mailing list where related discussions have already taken place.

Last edited by yochananmarqos (2023-12-29 20:17:48)

#3 2023-12-30 02:28:49

gameslayer

Re: Suggestion to remove vote package removal option to stop trolling

Right thanks for the heads up yochananmarqos! big_smile

Board footer