You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-11 16:04:08

DB9

Dracut + dbus-broker + bluetooth

With the switch to dbus-broker, bluetooth stopped working during disk decryption phase with dracut.

Only related logs i can find are the following:

jan 11 15:03:59 archhost systemd[1]: Reached target Bluetooth Support.
jan 11 15:03:59 archhost systemd[1]: dbus.socket: Socket service dbus.service not loaded, refusing.
jan 11 15:03:59 archhost systemd[1]: Failed to listen on D-Bus System Message Bus Socket.
jan 11 15:03:59 archhost systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Bluetooth service.
jan 11 15:03:59 archhost systemd[1]: bluetooth.service: Job bluetooth.service/start failed with result 'dependency'.

Unfortunately I'm unable get it working with dbus-broker. Dived into dracut github, and think dbus-broker should be supported. Maybe it's due to Arch's specific dbus setup, that it does not work.

For now my workaround is to switch back to dbus-daemon:

pacman -S dbus-daemon-units
pacman -R dbus-broker

Note: I had to uninstall the dbus-broker package to get dracut to detect dbus-daemon correctly

#2 2024-01-11 22:32:33

Toolybird

Re: Dracut + dbus-broker + bluetooth

It's an interesting one, because D-Bus inside the initrd is a really bad idea (at least according to one prominent dev [1]). I know that doesn't really help your cause..

Related: On one of my dracut systems, I received a nasty looking error at boot (but it still booted). It turns out I hadn't omitted the "network" module from the initrd which was pulling in dbus. This is hinted at in the Wiki [2]

[1] https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/issues/2378
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Dracut … figuration

#3 2024-01-12 07:19:05

DB9

Thanks for your reply, this puts it in another perspective. I think I'll try to see if I can get bluetooth to work during boot using mkinitcpio, but I'm suspecting I run into similar issues that way. I might need to consider investing into a new non bluetooth keyboard.

#4 2024-01-15 13:00:08

Aerz

Following the links posted by Toolybird and reading the issue I managed to get rid of the error message by adding:

# /etc/dracut.conf.d/defaults.conf
omit_dracutmodules+=" network iscsi bluetooth "

I guess bluetooth is one of the modules that pulls dbus activation (mentioned in issue). However dbus is still included in the image, so I still have doubts as to whether I should omit it as well.

Thanks for the help.

Board footer