You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-09 01:43:35

ididrum

Issue With Supergfxctl switching after moving from GNOME to KDE

Kernel: 6.6.13-1-lts
Plasma 5.27.10
Wayland

Im having a rather curious issue since switching from GNOME to KDE.
Like in the Title, I am running an Optimus setup with an NVIDIA dGPU and intergrated AMDgpu/cpu.
Switching via supergfxctl used to work just fine in GNOME using the supergfxctl-gex package.

The symptom is as follows:

There are no issues when switching from Integrated to Hybrid graphics logging out and back in via GDM.
However, Hybrid to Integrated seems to load at first - a cursor shows up and  I can move it around - but everything is black...

I can see that the desktop functionality is working. I can see the cursor switching between desktops and if I load a program through a shortcut - I can see the icon rendering next to the cursor. Besides that - totally black.

after following this link: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GDM#Wa … DIA_driver
I followed section 4.2 to no avail

I assumed this was an issue with using GDM so i stopped the service, installed SDDM, and started that up. The issue persists.

I know I have the right drivers and all, ive been using this setup for about a year now.

Hope someone can help me figure out this annoying bug.

Cheers

EDIT: I just checked again and actually noticed that I can still launch applications no problem...so the rendering just seems incomplete. it's only not rendering my literal desktop. but shortcuts seems to work just fine and launch programs as well

Last edited by ididrum (2024-02-09 02:09:43)

#2 2024-02-09 23:04:06

ididrum

Re: Issue With Supergfxctl switching after moving from GNOME to KDE

So I found a temporary fix - enabling my splash screen seems to have solved it...

It would be nice though to figure out why this is happening...Im guessing now it is something within KDE itself

Board footer