You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-29 00:53:22

nogoma

evedev & mx700

I have been running my Logitech mx700 no problem with the evdev driver, and buttons worked fine for me (mouse wheel, forward, backward). After a recent update, however, restarting X failed for me, with a "PreInit returned NULL for mouse0" or somesuch. After a quick look around the net, I updated my xorg.conf to use the "Name" "Logitech USB Receiver" instead of naming a "Device" like "/dev/input/event0"; this didn't seem to help until I also took out the "CorePointer" line in my xorg.conf for that device. Now, I'm not running any other mice or anything, so I'm a little mystified as to why I would have to do that in the first place. But, my real problem is that this caused my buttons to behave differently from before; the mouse wheel works, but the back/forward buttons don't. I've never had to resort to xbindkeys and all that to fix these issues in the past; is there an obvious xorg.conf setting I'm overlooking here? I'm not at my home box atm, so I can't post my current xorg.conf, but I can post that later if it might help.

-nogoma
---
Code Happy, Code Ruby!
http://www.last.fm/user/nogoma/

#2 2007-02-15 17:50:00

IsSuE

Re: evedev & mx700

same problem here, but for mx510.
recently upgdate to kernel2.6.20 and nvidia-96xx and this problem came up

#3 2007-02-18 11:12:02

qlus

Re: evedev & mx700

I hava also problem with evdev and mx700 after update.
Using this settings, mouse works like before.

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Evdev Mouse"
    Driver          "evdev"
    Option         "Name" "Logitech USB Receiver"
EndSection

Board footer