You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-29 16:52:32

paritosh.aggarwal

Unattached inode 704877

When I try to boot into Arch, I get a message saying: Filesystem has errors, check forced - and after the check completes, I get a message, Unattached inode 704877. I am using ext2 filesystem.

Any fixes..?

A couple of more questions:
1. When I try to go into Xfce4-It verifies my DNS settings  - since my modem is sometimes switched off, it just waits there till it times out the operation and then, it asks me to continue anyway or try again. Is there any way to bypass this?

2. I installed OpenOffice  and I think there are a few permissions problems on it - since it didnt run through the menu. I tried to sudo it, and it ran alright, but now, whenever I try to run it, it greets me with the registration window, although I have registered already. Any fixes again..?

Thanks guys. I hope there are no stupid questions here.

#2 2007-01-29 17:27:30

byte

Re: Unattached inode 704877

Try to run a full fsck (e2fsck -vfcD /dev/..) from a livecd and see afterwards if there's anything in /lost+found.
1) I've never seen this. Is your hostname (from rc.conf) listed in /etc/hosts and is your loopback (lo) interface up?
2) See if there is a root-owned .openoffice.org2 directory in your homedir and delete that.

Board footer