You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-29 22:48:47

MillTek

Flash and Gnash

Hi,

I've been trying to get the new flash beta working in firefox for days with no luck.  So far the only advice I get is to use the nspwrapper and 'follow what it tells you' during the install.  I've tried that and it doesn't work. So I've removed the nspwrapper and the flash-beta plugin, built gnash from the aur but that won't work properly because one of it's deps is libgl. When I try installing that pacman says that libgldri conflicts with nvidia-utils. If I say ok to removing nvidia-utils I'm told that nvidia needs it so I have to stop.

Can anyone help with this issue??  And please don't tell me to follow what the script in the nspwrapper install says. Either the instructions are wrong or they don't work. I really don't want to switch back to a 32-bit OS but I really need flash working.

Thanks.

#2 2007-01-30 00:08:10

festgreifaah

Re: Flash and Gnash

I recall, what you already did, just to get a picture of what you did, to get flash running.

You installed nspluginwrapper.
You installed nspluginwrapper-flash

The post-install message from nspluginwrapper-flash says:

Run nspluginwrapper -v -a -i for automatic detection ($HOME/.mozilla/plugins directory must exist)

So you created "$HOME/.mozilla/plugins" for the user, who wants to run flash.
And ran "nspluginwrapper -v -a -i" as this user.

Now there is a file called "npwrapper.libflashplayer.so" in "$HOME/.mozilla/plugins".

But flash doesn't work in firefox.

Ok, you installed gnash, but it doesn't work well.

I needed some time, too. But finally I got flash to work.
If this is your situation, I'll do my best to remember, what problems I had and how I solved them, just in case they apply to you.

#3 2007-01-30 00:10:13

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

If you are using the nvidia drivers, you shouldn't need to install libgl-dri. The nvidia drivers provides libgl.

#4 2007-01-30 00:51:29

skottish
Forum Fellow

Do you have the supporting 32 bit libraries installed? See post #9:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=28419

#5 2007-01-30 14:37:45

MillTek

Thanks for the replies.  I checked and I have all the libs mentioned in the link Skottish supplied.  I removed and reinstalled the wrapper and flash-beta exactly as festgreifaah suggested but it still won't work.  Any more ideas?  (By the way, I removed gnash as well).

Thanks guys!

Last edited by MillTek (2007-01-30 14:38:30)

Board footer