You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-05 10:49:57

festuc

Issue with Printing Orientation on Dymo Printer from Inkscape

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to seek some advice on a perplexing printing issue I've encountered with my Dymo label printer when using Inkscape and command line commands for printing.

On my older computer, which has been updated to the latest software versions, I can print directly from the command line to my Dymo printer without any issues—the orientation and layout are exactly as expected. The command I use for this process is: inkscape /path/to/file.svg -o /tmp/temp.ps; lp /tmp/temp.ps -d printer_name.

However, when I try to print the same .svg file through Inkscape's GUI, the printed output is rotated 90 degrees, which is not the case when printing via the command line on the same machine. This rotation issue results in part of the label being cut off, given that the label is not square.

Additionally, I've recently set up a new computer with an identical software environment (same versions of Inkscape, printer drivers, etc.) as my older machine. Surprisingly, on this new setup, printing either through the Inkscape GUI or the command line results in the 90-degree rotation issue.

To summarize, the issue at hand is:

Printing from the command line on the old computer → No issues
    Printing from Inkscape GUI on the old computer → Output is rotated 90 degrees
    Printing from both the command line and Inkscape GUI on a new computer → Output is rotated 90 degrees in both cases

I've ensured that the 90-degree rotation options are not enabled within Inkscape, and I'm puzzled as to why this discrepancy occurs between the two computers and between the command line and GUI on the same machine.

Has anyone here faced a similar issue or has any insights into what might be causing this and how to fix it? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Board footer