You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-31 07:58:01

orjanp

Xfce. Stick window to one workspace. Remove built in keyboard shortcut

Is it possible to stick a window to a specific workspace? The stick function i have found, sticks the window to all workspaceses. Not what I want.

Can I remove the built in keybord shortcuts? It is irritating that ALT+F1 opens the documentation in my browser(used to E-17 where it jumps to workspace 1), and also move the browser from one workspace to the workspace where i hit keyboard combination.

Orjanp...

Ørjan Pettersen

#2 2007-01-31 09:46:02

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Xfce. Stick window to one workspace. Remove built in keyboard shortcut

Can't help you with the window sticking, but the shortcuts are documented clearly in {docs} -> Window Manager -> Customising xfwm4 -> Keyboard shortcuts.

#3 2007-02-01 05:44:38

wounded

orjanp wrote:

Is it possible to stick a window to a specific workspace? The stick function i have found, sticks the window to all workspaceses. Not what I want..

Perhaps I am simply being a doofus here but isn't the point of stickying a window so that it shows up on all workspaces? If you don't sticky it then it only shows up one workspace... which is what you want?

#4 2007-02-22 15:22:18

orjanp

wounded wrote:
orjanp wrote:

Is it possible to stick a window to a specific workspace? The stick function i have found, sticks the window to all workspaceses. Not what I want..

Perhaps I am simply being a doofus here but isn't the point of stickying a window so that it shows up on all workspaces? If you don't sticky it then it only shows up one workspace... which is what you want?

I might be the dofus here, smile but I dont se the point in having the same window in all workspaces. What I wanted was to stick Firefox and Thunderbird to workspace 1 and 2. So that I can clik on a link in thunderbird without firefox being moved from workspace 1 to workspace 2.

Thanks for the keyboard binding tip. I did not investigate good enough before I asked, I admit that. So obvious. smile

Orjanp

Ørjan Pettersen

#5 2007-02-22 18:38:53

kasparhouser

orjanp wrote:

What I wanted was to stick Firefox and Thunderbird to workspace 1 and 2. So that I can clik on a link in thunderbird without firefox being moved from workspace 1 to workspace 2.

sounds like a job for Devil's Pie

Board footer