You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-18 16:36:14

davidyz

KDE Plasma 6 system setting app crashes when opening certain settings

I tried to adjust power management settings through the KDE settings but it crashed immediately when I clicked on "Energy Saving". I'm on an intel-based laptop with integrated graphics. Here's the logs when I try to start it from CLI.
```
$ systemsettings kcm_powerdevilprofilesconfig
qt.qml.typeresolution.cycle: Cyclic dependency detected between "qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/desktop/private/TextFieldContextMenu.qml" and "qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/desktop/MenuItem.qml"
qt.qml.typeresolution.cycle: Cyclic dependency detected between "qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/desktop/private/TextFieldContextMenu.qml" and "qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/desktop/MenuItem.qml"
KCrash: Application 'systemsettings' crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
[1]    4318 segmentation fault (core dumped)  systemsettings kcm_powerdevilprofilesconfig
```
I have `powerdevil` and `power-daemon-profiles` installed. The systemd unit for `power-daemon-profiles` is also enabled and running, so I'm not sure what to do next.
I'm not familiar with debugging DE, so if there's any other information that might be helpful please let me know so that I can include them here. Thanks.

#2 2024-03-18 16:45:55

Awebb

Re: KDE Plasma 6 system setting app crashes when opening certain settings

Is this a fresh install with KDE6 or did you come from KDE5? The first thing I do when something like this happens, is trying it on a fresh user. If the problem doesn't exist there, purge old files in ~/.config and ~/.local/share.

#3 2024-03-18 17:35:35

davidyz

Awebb wrote:

Is this a fresh install with KDE6 or did you come from KDE5? The first thing I do when something like this happens, is trying it on a fresh user. If the problem doesn't exist there, purge old files in ~/.config and ~/.local/share.

Thanks for the guidance. I deleted

~/.config/powerdevilrc

and

~/.config/powermanagementprofilesrc

and everything works like a charm now.

#4 2024-03-18 18:13:28

onemyndseye
Banned

** Message Deleted **

Last edited by onemyndseye (2024-03-20 17:55:01)

Board footer