You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-26 20:55:25

loi777

Compiling kernel, crypto/Kconfig: can't open arch/arm/crypto/

Going in "usr/src/linux" and running "make menuconfig" returns me an interesting problem:

crypto/Kconfig:1485: can't open file "arch/arm/crypto/Kconfig"
make[2]: *** [scripts/kconfig/Makefile:56: menuconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [/usr/lib/modules/6.8.1-arch1-1/build/Makefile:689: menuconfig] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:240: __sub-make] Error 2
_________________________________________________________________________________
After researching for a while, I believe it's NOT related to a previous post on the matter: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=289470

This appears to be actually something different, running "pacman -Qikk linux-headers", shows me that all headers are correctly installed.
By going inside the file "scripts/kconfig/Makefile"  I believe the problem is coming from the fact that the makefile believes my computer is ARM, instead of x86.

1484   if ARM
1485   source "arch/arm/crypto/Kconfig"
1486   endif

I could just remove the lines that do not match my computer type, but I'm very curious as to what is causing this issue. It could be something very simple that I'm missing...
_________________________________________________________________________________
Updating:
It appears that all types are generating errors. Not only the ARM option.

Removing all options makes it work, but now I'm missing the file "Documentation/Kconfig"

In the end it appears that my kernel has it's not necessary files removed, I had to re-download a new kernel from https://www.kernel.org/

I installed my arch with Rufus , that could have some relation to this, but I'm not that good to know, either way hope this post can be helpful somehow.

Last edited by loi777 (2024-03-26 21:41:29)

#2 2024-03-26 21:54:13

loqs

Re: Compiling kernel, crypto/Kconfig: can't open arch/arm/crypto/

From the description for linux-headers "Headers and scripts for building modules for the Linux kernel" why would you expect that to cover running `make menuconfig`?  Which is required to build a new kernel but not modules for the kernel provided by the linux package.

Board footer