You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-03 10:08:39

Vamp898
Website

[SOLVED] Make MPD loop songs

I think i'll explain in short.

I want to stream Audio for TRPG Sessions. There are either overly complex solutions that need a lot of work and setup on all sides (not acceptable) or very simple solutions like just streaming via HTTP (what i want).

VLC and MPD can do that but when streaming via VLC, the Stream can not be played by a simple web browser. It can be played with a music player, but i failed to find a Music Player (incl. VLC) that does respect the cache/buffer settings and not cause up to 2 minutes delay when playing the stream for a longer time.

When i create an HTTP Stream with MPD, it can be played with firefox, live, without any issues (music player still have insane delays, but as firefox works everywhere, i can accept to not care about that issue), so basically all my issues are solved at that point, except:

I have not found a way to make songs loop/repeat in MPD. Some tracks only last 3 Minutes and are designed/intended to be looped. When i stream with VLC, i can just press the loop button in the Web Interface (or use the command line switch) and i am done. But i fail to find an solution for MPD. I tried like 5 MPD Clients so far but none of these has an loop button. Does MPD just not have this feature?

Last edited by Vamp898 (2024-04-03 12:30:44)

#2 2024-04-03 12:30:33

Vamp898
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Make MPD loop songs

ncmpcpp, the r key

#3 2024-04-03 16:40:49

sekret

Re: [SOLVED] Make MPD loop songs

mpc repeat

Board footer