You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-04 09:36:04

zorggy

Plasma 6 - Dolphin : Permissions on sshfs mount

Hello,

Since the upgrade of Plasma to version 6, I have a problem in Dolphin with permissions when accessing a mounted file-system through sshfs. It worked perfectly for years with Plasma 5. Now I can read files, open directories, rename all of them, but I'm not able to create or copy new files or directories. However, it continues working fine from the terminal.

As the exported file-system is exposed to the Internet, security important. That's why the ssh configuration is rather tricky. Here is the client's systemd mount service:

/etc/systemd/system/data-remote-srv.mount:

[Unit]
Description=remote server
Wants=network.target
After=network-online.target

[Mount]
Where=/data/remote/srv
What=<user>@<server>:/data/main/sshfs
Type=fuse.sshfs
Options=port=<port>,allow_other,uid=15000,gid=15000,reconnect,follow_symlinks,cache=no,noauto_cache,identityfile=/root/.sshfs/id_ed25519

Just for information, there is an automounter unit on the client to automatically mount and unmount the remote file-system.

Has anyone else the same problem? Is there some new package I'm missing or this is a KDE problem? Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

#2 2024-04-04 10:30:34

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Plasma 6 - Dolphin : Permissions on sshfs mount

are you sure that it's actually that mount getting used as such and not some kio abstraction layer? did you compare the output of "mount" that the drive is really mounted through your expected sshfs unit? Are you navigating to the path in dolphin, or using a "network abstraction" logic?

#3 2024-04-05 15:28:04

zorggy

Re: Plasma 6 - Dolphin : Permissions on sshfs mount

Hello V1del,

Thank you for the reply.

The access to the mounted file-system from Dolphin is an absolute path, not through a KDE tool.

The process of mounting the file-system is an access to the directory that triggers the automount system unit, that triggers in turn the mount system unit. However, the mount is almost always active.

Playing more with Dolphin gave me more clues: The root directory of the mount point (in my case /data/remote/srv) is writable I mean, the menu item "Create New..." is active, but not the subdirectories (menu item grayed).

It is so strange that I can't believe it's not a Plasma 6 bug.

I believe I will have to write to the KDE team...

Board footer