You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-04 15:47:14

Inatrox

[Solved] TexMaker cant find the command / Problem with PATH variable

Hello guys,

i have an Issue with LaTex where maybe someone can help me
I insatlled TexLive and the editor TexMaker to write my code. After the installation of TexLive i added the path of the installation to the .bashrc. The .bashrc contains the following:

export PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2024/bin/x86_64-linux:$PATH
export MANPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2024/texmf-dist/doc/man:$MANPATH
export INFOPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2024/texmf-dist/doc/info:$INFOPATH

and the output of echo $PATH is:

/usr/local/texlive/2024/bin/x86_64-linux:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl

When i now want to create a pdf in Texmaker i get an error, that pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex is not found. But when i add the full path in the TexMaker settings, like /usr/local/texlive/2024/bin/x86_64-linux/pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex, it works.

I dont want to add the full path for every command. It should normaly work with the path in the PATH variable.

Maybe someone know what the problem is.

Thx for your help smile

Last edited by Inatrox (2024-04-04 17:46:07)

#2 2024-04-04 17:14:34

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [Solved] TexMaker cant find the command / Problem with PATH variable

How are you starting your session? Your .bashrc is generally not going to be read by display managers/anything that is not your interactive shell.

Use /etc/profile and/or ~.bash_profile or so: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Enviro … s#Per_user -- also note the lower subsection for graphical logins.

#3 2024-04-04 17:45:49

Inatrox

Re: [Solved] TexMaker cant find the command / Problem with PATH variable

V1del wrote:

How are you starting your session? Your .bashrc is generally not going to be read by display managers/anything that is not your interactive shell.

Use /etc/profile and/or ~.bash_profile or so: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Enviro … s#Per_user -- also note the lower subsection for graphical logins.

It works with the bash_profile. Thx smile

Board footer