You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-26 16:06:06

Ride Garcher

In-game audio problem and conflicts between PulseAudio and pipewire-pu

I tried Shadow Warrior native linux. he intro movies and those movies shown between levels have sound and are 100% fine. But while in the main menu and in actual gameplay, I've got no sound whatsoever.
I have the same problem as this guy basically:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/233130/d … 213057602/

I tried to install pulseaudio, and I encountered many problems in finding the right package. I finally found it but apparently it conflicts with other dependencies and I don't know how to handle that:

error: package 'pulseaudio-17.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' was not found
warning: 'pulseaudio-17.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' is a file, you might want to use -p/--file.
[richard@Richard arch steam]$ sudo pacman -U pulseaudio-17.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst  
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: pulseaudio-17.0-3 and pipewire-pulse-1:1.0.5-1 are in conflict. Remove pipewire-pulse? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing pipewire-pulse breaks dependency 'pipewire-pulse' required by pulse-native-provider

Edit.Okay this is very strange.. I had tried the game 4 times, and every time there was the audio problem.

I reopened the game to do an fps test and the audio works normally apparently..

Any explanations to offer?

Last edited by Ride Garcher (2024-04-26 16:40:42)

Jr. Web developer

#2 2024-05-04 18:57:17

espresso

Re: In-game audio problem and conflicts between PulseAudio and pipewire-pu

It has been sometimes observed that apps have selected a wrong audio or recording profile, with a solution being selection of a correct one. This seems to be what Bober is doing at end of that thread using pavucontrol.

Also, it should be okay (and may even improve things?) to update to PipeWire with pipewire-pulse (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PipeWi … o_clients) and WirePlumber.

Board footer