You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-04 10:46:19

daedalusman

gcolor2 in community?

Any chance of seeing gcolor2 being moved from unsupported to community any time soon? I love this little app and would love to be able to just pacman -S gcolor2 in order to install, it has 11 votes currently. Thanks.

#2 2007-02-04 19:12:17

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: gcolor2 in community?

It'll stay in unsupported for a while to get a bit more votes. Also the current version dates from July 2005 so it looks like it's no longer maintained. I might put it in community if there's an update.

#3 2007-02-04 20:33:16

smoon
Website

You should give Agave a try which is in Community. I'm never tried gcolor2, but by looking at its website it seems to me like a Agave could be a decent replacement.

#4 2007-02-05 02:59:07

daedalusman

smoon wrote:

You should give Agave a try which is in Community. I'm never tried gcolor2, but by looking at its website it seems to me like a Agave could be a decent replacement.

See gcolor2 and agave don't do the same thing. Agave will give you a color scheme given a color. Gcolor2 allows you to pick a color from any where on your desktop and give the code for that color. I actually already use agave along side of gcolor2. Maybe there is another program that does what gcolor2 does that I can use? Thanks for the replies.

#5 2007-02-05 03:40:04

stonecrest

daedalusman wrote:

Maybe there is another program that does what gcolor2 does that I can use? Thanks for the replies.

I always just use GIMP for this.

I am a gated community.

#6 2007-02-05 05:04:07

daedalusman

stonecrest wrote:

I always just use GIMP for this.

See the Problem with GIMP is that it takes a while to load and is a bit over kill when this is the only functionality that I want. Maybe I will use this to finally learn how to program more proficiently, maybe get started with ruby or python, we will see. Until then I will just use gcolor2.

#7 2007-02-05 11:17:17

smoon
Website

daedalusman wrote:
smoon wrote:

See gcolor2 and agave don't do the same thing. Agave will give you a color scheme given a color. Gcolor2 allows you to pick a color from any where on your desktop and give the code for that color. I actually already use agave along side of gcolor2. Maybe there is another program that does what gcolor2 does that I can use? Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, yep. But Agave also allows you to pick a color from anywhere on the desktop...
But if Agave is still overkill for your needs you should give elicit a try. There's a package of it in Takhis repo:

[takhis]
Server = ftp://takhis.net/arch

#8 2007-02-05 17:09:42

daedalusman

smoon wrote:
daedalusman wrote:
smoon wrote:

Hmm, yep. But Agave also allows you to pick a color from anywhere on the desktop...
But if Agave is still overkill for your needs you should give elicit a try. There's a package of it in Takhis repo:

[takhis]
Server = ftp://takhis.net/arch

What do you know, your right, I didn't even realize this until now, thanks. I guess gcolor2 is where the overkill is now as I find agave quite useful. Thanks for the help everyone.

Board footer