You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-04 16:14:12

Blind

Suspend2: keyboard/mouse problem

Hi,
I have just started to use the kernel26beyond again - to try out suspend2.
Now I have configured everything according to the wiki. It actually suspends nicely, and also tends to come back nicely, from what I see - until I want to type something...
Mouse and keyboard are gone.
Well, curious me tried to hibernate with X (of course things would get worse, I thought). Actually, it seems that it is just the same problem. When I use the powerbutton to turn off (ACPI rule), I saw that evdev devices were not found (so complained X), so it seems like an evdev problem. Now, what do I have to do to get around this? I have no clue....
Blacklist the module, or whitelist it, or put it with modprobe in some script that gets loaded, or what?

Thank you for the input,
Blind

#2 2007-02-06 01:26:19

damjan

Re: Suspend2: keyboard/mouse problem

I do blacklist the psmouse module.. you shouldn't have to blacklist evdev since it's not a hardware driver (ussually you only need to blacklist modules that are speaking directly to hardware). Now I wouldn't know about the keyboard problem... you might try to disable ACPI or something?

#3 2007-02-06 19:45:39

Blind

Thanks for your answer...I gave up after reading on the suspend2 page, that his can happen on some hardware. I don't think anymore that it is worth the effort, as Arch boots so fast that there is hardly any difference between resuming and booting.
Cheers,
Blind

#4 2007-04-15 08:14:43

ngch

Actually, I managed to enable suspend and hibernate without even changing the kernel, in other words only with the official kernel26. The interesting thing is, I only need to add the following to my /boot/grub/menu.lst:

resume=/dev/sda3   (my swap partition is the third one)

It works perfectly. Unfortunately, I have to mute and unmute my master volume and PCM volume before I can hear any sound. Keyboard and mouse work though. Just thought you may want to know.

Board footer