You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-06 22:41:13

nozey

Wine is taking ages to load

Wine is taking ages to load in my machine. When i run winecfg, for exemple, it takes about 10min to show me a window.

$ winecfg
wine: creating configuration directory '~/.wine'...
Failed to open the service control manager.

-> hangs here for about 10min

I already enabled (and disabled) the DRI module in xorg.conf, but it didint helped anything. Delete the .wine folder is not the solution either because im having this problem since i instaled wine (but i erased the folder, anyway).

$ wine --version
wine-0.9.30

So ... any tips?

Last edited by nozey (2007-02-06 22:42:57)

Yep! I know ... my english sucks

#2 2007-03-31 02:59:09

skittlehawk

Re: Wine is taking ages to load

I have the same problem as you. I installed wine through pacman and when I do 'winecfg' , I have to wait a really long time until it loads. I don't understand why this is so. In all of the other linux distributions that I tried, wine started up quite fast (gentoo, ubuntu, zenwalk, fedora core, etc) Could someone please tell us why it takes a long time for wine to open. Thank you.

My WINE version is wine-0.9.33

PS: I am not sure if this would be the cause, although I don't know why it would do anything but, I am running the 32 bit Arch Linux on a 64 bit machine, and this is because I need to use wine for a certain something that I have to do for my school, so I don't want to use Arch64. I know that it is possible to get wine to work in 64 bit Arch, but I have no clue how to update the package along with the rest of the system, and I can't seem to get a chroot environment to work.

Board footer