You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-27 00:56:02

dramatis.persona

[Solved] Hyper-V KDE Doesn't Work for xrdp via RDP

I did the following here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Hyper-V

I set up Arch Linux on a Hyper-V VM with KDE.

Everything seems to be running fine. The only issues I have is I have a widescreen monitor and can't seem to get the maximum resolution in the Display Settings and I don't have any sound.

I am able to get a resolution of 2048x1152 but that's it which is greater than what is referenced in the resource (I don't know if it's an older resource), but is much less than what is capable for my monitor.

When I try to RDP in from my host machine (Windows 11) to the Arch Linux VM to use RDP to get the maximum resolution, it authenticates me, but it does not display the desktop. I can see the spinning icon of KDE and portions of the UI painted but nothing is updated.

Is this a widescreen monitor having too much resoluton issue?

Regards.

Last edited by dramatis.persona (2024-08-13 00:38:18)

#2 2024-07-29 12:38:53

dramatis.persona

Re: [Solved] Hyper-V KDE Doesn't Work for xrdp via RDP

This appears to be a bug in one of the modules that xrdp uses that will be fixed with the next release.

Other lesser resolutions appear to work fine.

Audio functionality and clipboard also appears to work after following all the instructions in the Wiki.

I have personally applied the code changes in Github that fix the issue to my cloned copy of the code and verified that it does indeed resolve the issue.

So RDP using xrdp with KDE at 5120x1440 resolution does indeed work.

Regards.

Last edited by dramatis.persona (2024-07-29 12:42:04)

#3 2024-07-30 12:00:25

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: [Solved] Hyper-V KDE Doesn't Work for xrdp via RDP

If you're satisfied with the outcome, please prepend [Solved] to the thred title .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Board footer