You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-12 11:36:18

Master One

XFCE4.4.0: Compositor & rdesktop window not working together

The XFCE4.4.0 compositor is really working nicely on my ThinkPad T42p, but unfortunately it is causing problems with rdesktop windows. When I open a rdesktop connection, the content of the rdesktop window gets completely messed up (strange colors mixed with transparency). I tried several rdesktop options, but nothing helped, except reducing the connection color depth to 8 (instead of 16), but that's not really satisfying because everything looks ugly with just 8 bit colors.

Can anybody confirm this phenomenon?

Is there a cure?

Unfortunately I rely on connecting to WinXP machines with rdesktop (tested TightVNC as well, but it just is not fast enough for proper working), that's why I had to disable the XFCE4 compositor again. sad

#2 2007-02-15 09:18:16

basilburn

Re: XFCE4.4.0: Compositor & rdesktop window not working together

I had the same problem.

This worked.

export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1

#3 2007-02-15 14:45:14

aquila_deus
Website

Re: XFCE4.4.0: Compositor & rdesktop window not working together

Master One wrote:

The XFCE4.4.0 compositor is really working nicely on my ThinkPad T42p, but unfortunately it is causing problems with rdesktop windows. When I open a rdesktop connection, the content of the rdesktop window gets completely messed up (strange colors mixed with transparency). I tried several rdesktop options, but nothing helped, except reducing the connection color depth to 8 (instead of 16), but that's not really satisfying because everything looks ugly with just 8 bit colors.

Can anybody confirm this phenomenon?

Is there a cure?

Unfortunately I rely on connecting to WinXP machines with rdesktop (tested TightVNC as well, but it just is not fast enough for proper working), that's why I had to disable the XFCE4 compositor again. sad

You could try wine + mstsc (M$'s remote desktop client). It works much better than rdesktop.

Board footer