You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-15 23:31:27

gorus

Motherboard Suggestions

i think my mb is giving up on me here  (asus a8v socket 939). Asus is the only motherboard ive ever had .. thinking about getting a different brand this time. all i do is regular user stuff [got another arch running as server smile], firefox, thunderbird, mpd, rtorrent, gaim, samba, cups, ntp, irssi thats all the programs ill ever use on this machine, got AMD 64 X2 3800+ with 2Gb of memory with audigy ls, 2 USB HD, USB mouse/keyboard, 7in1 card reader, Pioneer DVDRW and LG DVD drives, 2x250Gb 1x80Gb all SATA HD and a 450W PowerSupply in the case .. this is whats going to be connected to this computer. so please help me with getting a new motherboard .. anything but asus smile

#2 2007-02-16 11:40:34

daedalusman

Re: Motherboard Suggestions

I used to use asus as well, after going through their customer support, which is horrible, I decided to go with another company. I decided on abit. I have a very similar setup to yours, I ended up getting the abit an832x, the only problem with that board is that I needed to upgrade my graphics card to a pci express 16 card. I think this a good idea considering the current agp boards out there suck. If you just want onboard graphics I suggest looking into what abit offers for in that category. Since getting my abit board I have been a very happy camper, the

Board footer