You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-19 08:50:03

Mandor

Stackless Python: Is it worth dealing with?

I'm just beginning with programming (limited C experience) and I chose Python as an general purpose language. Recently I found Stackless Python and it looks quite interesting, but I wondered how stable it is and what future ia has.

I'll be using python (no matter what kind) for more or less hobby project that retreives data from an OPC server (thats OLE for process control), process it in some way (calculate other data, apply some status labels etc) and stores it in a database (mysql, sqlite - not decided). It also shuld retreives data from the database and produce a text cvs/html report, but that's not really relevant. Of course, I intend to continue coding other things, as well smile

Stackless seem a good and simple decision when data is awaited from unreliable channel (like OPC..., why not a database also) but I don't know how stable is stackless python nowdays and what are the chances it becomes obsolete and unsupported in near future (the project does not seem really active even today, but there are patches for recent versions of python). I'm not really clear if modules for proper python would work with stackless (they should, from what I'm reading, but still...).

If somebody has experience with stackless, I'll be thankfull for any clues.

If everything else fails, read the manual.

Board footer