You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-20 22:24:40

ar2k7

scheduling, how does at work?

Hi! I would like to execute commands at certain times. I know there is always cron which is good but looking for something simpler. Kalarm is nice if you are running X and sleep always work but I'm looking for something more like "at" - problem is I can't get at to work.

at 00:00

...returns 'warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh' then gives at-prompt.. but how do I get at to use bash?

The other problem is that at executes urxvt on time fine but it doesn't execute any other apps that i throw at it.. any ideas why? is it broken? not configured properly?  Thanks!

#2 2007-02-21 05:08:21

thewonka
Website

Re: scheduling, how does at work?

Do you have a sample of a command that does not run?

If you require BASH you can run a bash script with all the command you require inside.

#3 2007-02-21 08:36:10

ar2k7

Re: scheduling, how does at work?

Sure, here's a sample.. in the first screenshot the third terminal is launched by at.. in the second screenshot xmms is not launched. I haven't got it to launch anything but urxvt. Same thing when entering a bash script at the at-prompt ie I can launch urxvt from within the script but not for example xmms. Specifying the file with the at -f option same thing. The script can of course be launched from a terminal and works. Is at or sh not configured properly? Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

t_1m_eec4af5.jpg

t_2m_5a39bef.jpg

Board footer