You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-24 22:32:50

Xenodamus

problems with older version of fglrx and fglrx kernel version patch

Hi I'm having problems making a package of an older version of FGLRX with the new 2.6.20 kernel update.  Reason why I want to use an older version is <a href = "http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=26888">here</a> (sadly, ATI hasn't fixed this issue).  It appears the newest patch can't find the appropriate source files to patch, I tried switching the names of the files to the ones writting in the previous patch, but that simply fails.

I have the old binary driver, the newest install file and the  newest patch file.  Here's what I'm getting when I run makepkg:

[root@xenoarch fglrx]# makepkg
==> Making package: ati-fglrx 8.29.6-2 (Sat Feb 24 17:20:16 EST 2007)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
==> Checking Buildtime Dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
==>     Found ati-driver-installer-8.29.6.run in build dir
==> Validating source files with MD5sums
    ati-driver-installer-8.29.6.run ... Passed
==> Extracting Sources...
==> Removing existing pkg/ directory...
==> Starting build()...
Creating directory archive_files
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.29.6.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c    2006-12-18 10:58:15.000000000 -0500
|+++ common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c    2006-12-18 11:14:04.000000000 -0500
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y] y
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
[root@xenoarch fglrx]#

Any ideas?

Board footer